Chef Jeff’s Sunday Morning Cinnamon Rolls
4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsalted butter, viagra order melted
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
Pinch of salt
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 cup milk, sildenafil warmed to a low simmer (but don’t scald)
Cinnamon Roll Filling (recipe follows)
Cream Cheese Icing (recipe follows)
- Place the flour in a mixer bowl. Whisk the butter, order sugar, eggs, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm milk and let stand to dissolve.
- With mixer on slow to medium speed, add first the butter mixture and then the yeast mixture in a slow stream. Mix for 2 to 3 minutes, then scrape the bowl and mix for an additional minute. The dough should clean the side of the bowl.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased steel bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place in the kitchen until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough on a floured surface and let rest for about 15 minutes. Roll the dough into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
- Make the cinnamon roll filling and spread over the dough. Sprinkle with the nuts. Roll the dough tightly into a log shape. Slice the log 1 ¾ inches thick and place the rolls in a lightly greased cast-iron skillet or pie plate. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees.
- Bake the rolls until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool down to warm. Make the cream cheese icing and drizzle over the rolls.
Cinnamon Roll Filling
Yields approximately 1 cup
1 ½ cups (packed) brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
1/3 cup butter, softened
½ cup pecan or walnut pieces
- Place all the ingredients except the nuts in a mixer bowl and beat until creamy.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough and sprinkle with the nuts.
Cream Cheese Icing
Yields approximately ½ cup
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
¼ cup cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Beat the butter and cream cheese in a mixer bowl. Gradually beat in the sugar, then mix in the vanilla and salt. The mixture should be creamy. Scrape the bowl and set aside until ready to use.