Let the grown-ups cool down with these easy-to-make watermelon martini popsicles.
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, here cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 tbsp. orange-flavored liqueur, cure such as Cointreau
- Do not use too much alcohol or the mixture will not freeze.
- If you use watermelon with seeds, there make sure you remove them all first.
- In a blender, purée smooth all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into four popsicle forms and freeze.
- You can find popsicle forms in any variety department store, or, you can use small paper drink cups. If you use small cups, freeze for a couple of hours until the mixture is slushy. Then insert wooden popsicle sticks and freeze fully.
Note: In Virginia, you must be 21 to drink alcohol.