OPEN TO EVERYONE TO PARTICIPATE!!!
Black Girls RUN! to VOTE? Heck yeah! On Saturday, November 3rd, we’d love to see Black Girls Run! groups across the nation meet on state capitol steps, city hall steps or other prominent government buildings for a nonpartisan fun run event: Black Girls RUN! to Vote (BGR2Vote).
Our goal is to increase voter turnout and highlight issues that most directly impact women. BGR! has a heavy influence in our communities and can make a statement that we are active in the political process. Particularly, in times when elected officials are making decisions that impact women’s healthcare, BGR! wants to help encourage women to take ownership in this process, similar to the way we encourage women to take ownership over their health.
We are inviting the BGR! Nation, men who love BGR!, our local communities and those who advocate for women’s health & wellness issues to participate.
We are looking forward to seeing awesome photos of the BGR! Nation and YOUR communities at the BGR2Vote event ready to RUN! to Vote.
• 10 a.m. (VA State Capital Bell Tower)– WELCOME
• 10:05 a.m. -10:15 a.m. – Speaker: Kimberly Bowers, State Board of Elections and VA Delegate Jennifer McClellan
• 10:15a.m. -10:20 a.m. – Photographs
• 10:20 a.m. -10:25 a.m. – 2 MILE FUN RUN/WALK
-The walk/run starts at 9th and Franklin Streets towards Cary. Make Right on Cary St., Right on Adams, Left on Main Street, Right on Jefferson, Right on Broad Street , Right on 9th Street, back to Capital steps.
• 10:45 a.m. -11:00 a.m. (VA State Capitol steps) –GRAND FINALE/ Photograph on Capital Steps