There are some foods that are going to leave when the warm weather does. There are some foods that just taste better in the summer, health and there are some foods that negatively tempt our taste buds. One food that is popular year-round is ice cream. When is a better time to eat ice cream than when the dessert cools your body against the rays of the hot sun? However, cost it is no secret many ice creams can have a lot of calories. Health.com suggests some of the healthiest ice creams which can be bought in the stores.
Healthy Ice Creams
- Baskin-Robbins Light Aloha Brownie Ice Cream has 16 calories, five grams of fat and is $2.
- Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Ice Cream is 170 calories, nine grams of fat and $3.50.
- Ben & Jerry’s Black Raspberry Swirl Low Fat Frozen Yogurt is 140 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and $3.50.
- Häagan – Dazs Cranberry Blueberry Fat Free Sorbet has 100 calories, zero grams of fat and is $3.
- Häagan – Dazs Mango Fat Free Sorbet is 120 calories, zero grams of fat and $3.
Of course ice cream has less calories when there are no toppings, but there are healthy options to adding flavor to your dessert. Fruit such as strawberries, mangos, blueberries, and bananas can be a healthy topping choice for ice cream if used in moderation. Cookinglight.com suggests using Nature Valley Protein toppings to add healthy flavor to desserts. Other food items, like peanuts and granola, can also add flavor to your ice cream.
Besides eating ice cream, frozen yogurt can be just as tasty. Many frozen yogurt places offer low-fat or low-calorie choices to customers. If serving sizes and toppings are kept light, people can create a dessert which does not add too many calories to their bodies all while keeping cool.