Tip of the Week
How to Look 10 Years Younger
How would you like to look 10 years younger? What would looking younger do for you? Would it build your confidence? Help you with that job promotion? Help in your love life?
Most people wouldn’t mind making a few changes to their appearance, especially if it meant looking younger. After all, looking youthful and energetic can make a difference in how people perceive you. It can also alter the way you see yourself. Confident people launch successful careers and start promising new relationships. And how we look plays a big role in how confident we feel.
You can create confidence by establishing healthier habits and using anti-aging technology.
Start by making a few simple changes to your lifestyle.
- Drink eight glasses of water. Rehydrating flushes toxins out of your body and rejuvenates youthful looking skin.
- Develop a positive attitude. Negativity can make you look and feel old.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep. Tiredness can add bags under your eyes and make you feel depleted.
- Eat healthy foods. Stay away from artificial ingredients and harmful chemicals that are often added to foods.
- Exercise regularly. Walking is a gentle and fun way to keep your blood flowing without creating stress on your joints.
Many Americans are using the newest cosmetic procedures. Botox, Restylane, Collegen, Juvederm and a regular regimen of facials have helped erase lines, bags and wrinkles. You can drop a decade off your age by using these treatments.
- FotoFacials —These treatments use light pulses to heal sun damage. It is a painless procedure that can also reverse other skin conditions, such as deep lines, enlarged pores, age and sun spots, acne scars and rosacea.
- Injectable skin fillers —These fillers are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. It will increase the volume of your skin tissue while reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Your face will look rejuvenated and fresh without surgery.
Botox is one of the most common injectable skin fillers. It stops your facial muscles from making involuntary contractions. By ‘filling’ in wrinkles, this filler will minimize lines around your forehead, eyes and mouth. One treatment usually lasts three to four months. Skilled physicians can sometimes make a treatment last for as long as six months.
Men and women are using these procedures to look and feel younger. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, more than 20.2 million Americans received some type of cosmetic beauty procedure in 2012. This represents the largest number ever. And that number is growing annually at a rapid rate.
A healthy lifestyle will help you look and feel your best. Botox and other specialized cosmetic procedures can provide the extra boost you need to improve your appearance and your confidence.